2013 Mudathlon® Charity Team Program
The 2013 Mudathlon gives participants the opportunity to raise money for the charity of their choice. We want you to build and grow your team knowing that your participation will benefit an organization that you feel as passionate about as you do about running in our Mucking Mud.
There are two ways for an established 501(c)3 to benefit:
1. Register a Team to benefit your organization
When you register a team connected with an established 501(c)3 organization, that organization will receive $5 per participant on your team. A minimum of 10 participants is required to earn the charity benefits.
A. Register your Mudathlon Charity Team Here:
- Start a Team for Mudathlon - Kentucky, General Butler State Park
- Start a Team for Mudathlon - Indianapolis
- Start a Team for Mudathlon - Northwest Indiana, Valparaiso
- Start a Team for Mudathlon - Cincinnati
- Start a Team for Mudathlon - South Dakota
B. Contact Brian@Mudathlon.com with your charity’s information including proof of 501(c)3 status, contact information with the charity, and a logo and link to their website.
C. You will then be given a Charity Code to use at registration check out. For each participant that uses this code, Mudathlon will donate $5 to your charity after the event. (10 participant minimum)
D. The code cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or promotions. However, your team will still be eligible for the Team Incentive Program (see the Mudathlon Teams Page)
E. Mudathlon will place the logo of your charity and a link to their website on our Charity Teams page.
F. Register yourself as a participant and make sure to join the team you started. Don’t forget to use your Charity Code in the payment screen.
Now use your SignMeUp.com page to invite all of your friends and family to join your team. The more people that join you, the more awareness and donation your charity receives.
- Make sure you tell them the start time that you chose so they can join you. Team members are not guaranteed to start in the same wave. Your team members must register early to ensure everyone can start at the same time.
- Your teammates will find your team name on a dropdown box on the registration page.
- Follow the progress of your team at SignMeUp.com. Log in using the same login and password you used when you created the team. Click on “My Groups” to see your team.
2. Utilize the Sign Me Up Givamajig Tool
A. Choose the beneficiary organization, which must be a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit registered with the IRS.
B. Describe your fundraising campaign’s goals and objectives, and input a target fundraising amount. Your description will be shared by every fundraiser that decides to join your campaign (in other words, also raise money for the beneficiary), so the description should be concise and generic. For example, “Raise funds for [Beneficiary organization name]. The money collected will be used to provide food and shelter for hundreds of needy families.” You’ll have the opportunity to add a personal note in step 3.
C. Personalize your Givamajig. Add a note about yourself and your organization, a photo or logo, and your own personal fundraising goal.
D. Share, share, share! Post the Givamajig to your Facebook wall, email it to event registrants asking them to join your campaign, publish it on your organization’s website! Also – and this is key – include the link to join your fundraising campaign on your event registration form and in the screen and email confirmations. If you need help editing your online registration form, feel free to contact SignMeUp.com.